Two Wheeler Rules

To ride a motorcycle or scooter, you'll need to complete your Compulsory Basic Training (CBT), which can only be provided by qualified instructors working for a training provider approved by the Driver and Vehicles Standards Agency (DVSA).

All approved training providers delivering CBT must include a classroom-based theory element, and a minimum of two hours' on-road riding at a maximum of two riders per trainer.

The Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA) offers an additional level of accreditation for training providers to highlight those that offer the highest standards of training and service.